Monday, March 24, 2008

On walking down the aisle

Resting here after one article, and found this in my Friendster bulletin board, with my childhood friend, Tina (who's very much in love also) posting this. It's called the "wedding survey." Looks interesting for me, so answering this, and for those who keep on asking about my love life, maybe this will answer your curiosity (hehehe):


By the way, the picture here was taken by Robin while we were at St. Patrick's Catholic Cathedral in Melbourne. He commented his shot was a bit blurry - good thing he said, that I'm not yet on a wedding dress walking down the aisle in this picture! Would be a shame if that's the case - capturing me in a wedding dress walking down the aisle resulting in a blurry picture, he laughs! Well, right. So posting it here as something related about walking down the aisle:

Wedding survey
This is a survey about your dream wedding, whether it be in the next year or after 10 years. So, please answer after you read, the person who answered this before you
took a great deal of effort. This is going to be fun (me - fun huh, we'll see).


1. How old are you?
27 years old

2. Are you single or in a relationship?
Engaged

3. In what age do you think you’ll get married?
27 years old (or when I turn 28 this November - as we're planning, we want to get wed this year, civil rites first, so not much preparation)

4. Do you think you’ll be marrying the person you are with now?
Yes

5. If not, who do you want to marry?
George Clooney? (I always kid Robin George Clooney's my ex, and he gets jealous at that, hahaha)

6. Do you want a garden/beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding?
Robin thinks of an island wedding somewhere in Queensland. Considering my friends/family here, we may opt another ceremony here - garden wedding preferably. I say though as long as everything is in order - emotional preparedness, no legal impediment, among others - I can wed my my man anywhere

7. Your ideal motif?
Light/baby or powder blue and off-white

8. Where do you plan to go on a honeymoon?
Cairns, Australia - not yet sure

9. How many guests do you think you’ll invite?
Both our families and closest friends combine, I think they'll be about 100?

10. Do you want an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding?
Simple wedding - always believed it's important to prepare for the married life that splurge on that wedding day

11. Do you want the traditional vows or something you’d make up on your own?
Would be romantic if I could come up with my version of the wedding vow

12. How many layer of cake do you want to have?
3 will do - you'll only get to eat the bottom layer anyway

13. Do you prefer having your reception at a hotel or at a simple place?
Simple place will do

14. When do you want to get married, evening or morning?
Toward the evening

15. You’d rather have your reception outdoors or indoors?
Outdoors

16. Do you like a grand entrance for your groom?
Not really - but him in his captain's uniform will do - will make him more handsome - hehe

17. Bride enter?
Huh? Of course, the bride has to be there, right? Duh

18. Name the song/tune you’d like played at your wedding.
You Are The Love of My Life by George Benson (actually, I'm still thinking of something else)

19. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Early morning - is it counted? That's when I'm awake most of the time, especially when I'm beating deadlines

20. Do you want a solemn ceremony or a light one?
By solemn doesn't necessarily mean religious, right? So I go for solemn

21. What age do you want to get married?
Actually 35, but I didn't expect to get wed soon, but it's love that I found, so...

22. Describe your ideal husband/wife
My ideal husband is my fiance, Robin - admirable, caring, conversationalist, gentleman, funny, intelligent, loving, trustworthy, wicked at times - handsome (the latter is just a bonus), etc. etc. among other reasons, that's why I'm marrying him (*Winks)

23. Do you prefer fine dining or just the normal spoon & fork/knife?
Fine dining

24. Champagne or red wine?
Champagne? (Actually I don't drink)

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding or days after the wedding?
Days after the wedding

26. Money or household items?
I can't really bring the bulky gifts to Aus if ever, so for practical purposes, money will do, haha. Also, books that I haven't read will be be fine, haha.

27. Who will pay for the bills?
Ideally, both

28. Are you ready for married life?
Yes - the financial aspect is something I'm doubly working about - but all things considered, I'm ready
Post a Comment