Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Blue New Year


(Image from http://www.worth1000.com/)


Today marks my 100th post, but the following will not really be fully celebratory.

Since my last post, I got busy catching up with my deadlines for the magazine and sideline work.

I also had to enroll for this term in graduate school - due to a misunderstanding, I had to change matriculation and withdrew from the two classes I enrolled in and transferred to the "right" one for my completion. Duh me, duh them.

Spent part of Christmas and New Year with my friends, went to the church to thank for our 2008 blessings and look forward to a more blessed 2009 - yes, despite the doom and gloom being painted all over.

Welcomed the New Year with only me and my mother - my brothers were out working (call center professionals, you see). Still, with tables full of food, it was a bit strange only me and my mother having media noche - I thought we rarely got complete during occasions (having an absentee father), but I took the New Year 2009 as a sign that things are definitely changing for us and it would be inevitable that there would be times we wouldn't be able to be together.

Ended 2008 with a more optimistic sight for 2009 - until last week, when due to shifting moods and misunderstanding (blame the mercury retrograde?), I'm feeling the optimism was sucked out of me. On my end, I'm trying to patch things up - I believe it was a "little" issue that should be resolved right away, and not exacerbate it by choosing not to deal with it.

If experts say "the unhappiest day in history" was yesterday, January 19, I say, I'm having a week of "unhappiness' already.

A trusted friend just advised me now - I've done my part so be cool about the situation in another three to five days. That friend says also if I want to get things work, it is me who has to change.

Indeed. No one can't change overnight though, but I know I should keep that blessing, and if I want to, it has to be me who should give more. The other part has been giving me a lot and I was submerged in my pride not to consider such.

I am still optimistic. Starting today, I will dwell more on the new spring of optimism in me. If still nothing happens in the cooling period of three to five days, God know's I tried....

I will lessen feeling blue now - it's not good for the health, really. But blue is my favorite color and I will continue to wear it.

Please also visit Rediscover. Thank you.
Post a Comment