Monday, September 27, 2010

60 to 30: From Tearful Sunday to Skirt-y Monday

I am emotionally and mentally and spiritually battered, bruised, crucified, despised, humiliated, hurt, miserable, scorned for months now.

Yesterday was too much, that I spent the rest of the day crying, and slept with a throbbing headache and puffy eyes. I told my youngest brother about it and he consoled me, and a dear friend assured me it's OK to cry, and even sent me songs to cry with.

But when I woke up earlier, I thought of prettifying myself - if I am unwell inside, I should, at least, try to look well outside.

So that's what I did, and I believe I am able to pull it off. My teammates noticed my change in wardrobe (from my staple slacks and jeans), and I joked to them I woke up and realized that I am a lady so I wore a skirt, haha.

In my eight years of professional life, today is the first time that I wore a skirt to the office (I think the last time I wore a skirt was back in college!)


Full, knee-length, printed (of black, gray, and pink) skirt from Tomato (PHP275.00, 50% off from PHP550.00); gray, peep toe wedges by Predictions from Payless Shoe Source (PHP945.00) and peeping behind me is my Ab Rocket, Abbie

I sent photos of this skirt to a friend and she liked it and suggested bright colored top to match this. I don't have a bright colored top to suit the skirt, so I wore this with a black top (that I forgot where I bought it, probably in one of those tiangges at the mall).




Thumbs up: What I liked about this skirt is that it suits my conservative style - it is a full skirt and it runs below the knees - even when I sit, it still covers my knees. And it's a steal for half a price (I bought this from Tomato outlet in La Fuerza Plaza 1, Pasong Tamo, Makati City).

I feel all right today, fashion-wise, and I look forward to have a restful sleep. And tomorrow, I might have another epiphany (hahaha!) and I might wear any of those unworn dresses/slacks/tops I bought the past months.

And yes, for us ladies, sometimes, fashion is the cure.
Post a Comment