Tuesday, September 28, 2010

60 to 30: Coping Through Praying

I try to sleep.

I wake up and convince myself this will be a better day.

I hold back the tears.

I tell myself, I am strong, even when I am not.

I am busy at work. But a quick trip to the loo make me think too much that tears freely fall.

For three days now, I am getting by, praying for serenity:


"Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,



the courage to change the things I can, and



the wisdom to know the difference."


This prayer attributed to St. Francis of Assisi calms me when I need to be calm.

So far, I am getting by.

I am still looking forward to the day that all my questions will be answered; all the things uncleared will be cleared; all that is needed to be said would finally be said ....

One day ....
Post a Comment