Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Murphy's Law ...

... or simply an accident or plain stupidity that I am worrying about, blaming myself to bits.

Tired from researching and writing, I went to my room around 2 a.m. today ready to call it a day.

I got my phone, Samsung Omnia GT-B6520 to set the alarm. I set it aside and toyed with my iPad 2 until I decided time to sleep.

Searching for my phone, I could not find it in the dark. Until it hit me I was sitting on something hard, and voila, there was my phone. I tried to open it entering my passcode, but it would not. The home screen was just frozen. I pressed the power button for more than 10 seconds, and when it restarted something happened.

The home screen changed to factory default blue and it said, to paraphrase, to press OK to proceed to reconfiguration.

WHAT THE???

So I accidentally reformatted my phone.
Messages I kept for posterity, wiped out.
My contacts, gone. And I got no copy of them in my SIM card.

What made me cried uncontrollably was when I checked my micro SD card, the photos --- of trips local and abroad, of gatherings and dates, of the times I had with my love, of just camwhoring, gone. The folders are still there, and it says the MB size of what is in there but no images to see.

I checked the folder tree and I see they are still there, but when I clicked, it says it could not open the file and it should be opened in its corresponding application.

I am a sentimental fool. I told my teammate about what happened and how I cried over the horror of losing all those images and audio and videos (I gave up on the fact I won't be able to recover the messages anymore).

He said that they are only images --- what's important I have a clear picture of them in my mind and heart. True.

However, given the situation I am into, I am feeling that losing them (hope not, I will still try to have them recovered when I go to Samsung's technical service outlet) would be too much to bear. Those messages, photos, audio, videos are the things I feel I only have now ....

As I asked my team mate, was this Murphy's Law in action???

God's way of telling me to set myself free? He said, perhaps ....

I don't know what to make out of it --- that the universe is pretty messed up now and I had a taste of it (I also had trouble with technology while using a company tool, anyhow).

I am keeping my faith. There should be a way that I will be able to recover them ... if not ....

Maybe indeed God is teaching me a lesson here ....

I might be losing the material proof of those memories I still hold on to. But I will carry those memories with me, forever ....
Post a Comment