Monday, July 15, 2013

DESCOVRIR Days

Six months and 15 days and we are already in the half of 2013.

How time indeed flies. My first half of the year was so-so, but I still have the remaining year to turn things for the better.

I admit, there were days this year that were truly unbearable that I wished to be gone from the face of the earth.

There were days I wished never happened.

There were days I felt like I died in anticipation for something fortunate to happen.

But there were days that I was all right, and for those, I am thankful.

There were days I am simply thankful I smiled for something seemingly ordinary, like seeing gleeful kids playing with dried leaves on one summer afternoon.

There were days I am very thankful for coffee for making me comfy on a tough day.

There were days --- and nights --- that I was spontaneous, and I liked the spontaneity I experienced.

There were days leisurely spent with dear friends.

There were days spent staying at home watching TV shows or movies with mom and my younger brothers.

There were days I am at peace finishing a book.

There were days I met new friends and spent hours discovering one another through exchange of stories --- and their stories transported me to their countries, to their own worlds that only heightened my desire to travel more and discover more for myself.

I am thankful for the days I experienced the bad and the ugly because there were sunny and hopeful days to look forward to.

And for those awful days, I am trying to learn not to count how long they had been. Rather, I think that soonest, 2013 will be over and that I pulled it off with God's grace.

Indeed, as The Happiness Project author Gretchen Rubin sums it up:

The days are long but the years are short.

Watch the clip here:


Post a Comment